4.02.2006

"Day" Dream

I don't know what it was. I couldn't bring myself to lie down last night. At first I was excited, happy, optimistic and then...well then I was their antithesis. I did, fortunately find a new and very interesting blog to read. For those of you who are interested, it's called New York Hack and it's posted on this website. I read that blog for quite some time.
So I must have started sleeping at about 5:45 a.m. or so, because I noticed through my window coverings the sort of light that reminds you of dawn, hope and beginnings. I guess knowing the hour helped too.
I woke up at what was technically 8:00 in the morning (which felt like 7a.m., Daylight Savings Time was definitely not publicized enough this time around).
Yes, I woke up, but I still felt him so strongly, surely, happily. I felt his papery dry, slightly gnarled, but experienced fingers wrap easily around my small hand. It was as if our hands were chiral objects, nonsuperimposable, identical. Despite the noisy cab (too much New York Hack) we were in, I could hear our dry hands whisper together as they struggled to fit each other in the way that all hands can--all hands, that is, except our own. All his wisdom and love simply flowed (there is no other word of which I can think to describe the phenomenon) from his left hand to my right. I didn't want to let go to offer my other hand because I knew that letting go would end our time and I'd wake up. I didn't want to let go, I wanted to talk with him, make him laugh, laugh with him, hug him, anything. Anything but wake up.

I miss my grandpa so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss him 2!!!