4.14.2006

CRD

I never even thought of this before a few minutes ago. I could someday start my own regional development company.
It's what I want to do. It started with Oprah's trip to Africa, igniting in me a spark, flame, passion to build schools in India; then the ideas flooded my head, jobs, infrastructure, transportation... How can I put all these ideas for the development of a city into one dream??
I can't believe it's even possible. I can't believe there's a name, job, path that is exactly what I want to do. And because I knew I wanted to do this even before I knew anything about it, I know this is right for me. I know I can do this. That's such a good feeling; something I haven't felt in a long time, but I'm sooo grateful to God that I'm feeling this now.
There's a career fair next week that I'm going to. There will be a couple of urban planning companies there. I'm so excited to meet them. I want to know everything about them: how they started, who started the company, what they've done. I mean, to me, to be able to look at a particular side of town or even an entire city and say, "Yeah, I helped design that. I helped make that even possible." That, to me, is ectasy. I still can't even believe that it's possible. I'm so sure of this. I'm sure of myself, my abilities, my potential. Why have I put this off for so long? Is it because I was scared to leave science? Yes. I still am. But that is something I'm going to need help with, I'll admit. It's something I need to get over in order to fulfill my destiny. How corny. Well, it's true. CRD is my destiny, my dream, my passion. Ultimately, one day, I will have my own company for Community and Regional Development. And you will be proud of me.
South Asian magazines will interview me, I'll be a big shot in the field of CRD. People my age now will want to shadow me. I can't wait. I'm going to show them how excited I am. I'm going to show all of you how determined I am. I'm going to get a job in this field if I have to beg for it. And I'll get a job in one of the companies I talk to next week. That means I better quit the bank soon. See, I thought I should keep the bank job since I dropped chem and it'd be a lot easier to deal with, but I open with Jorge again tomorrow, so we'll see.
This career fair is going to be pretty darn awesome. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

No comments: