4.18.2006

I Don't Do Well on Tests

Up until a minute ago, I thought that every problem I faced in life, I faced with my parents. We were together against the problem. Today I had a different thought. Why haven't I ever expected God to test my strength; mine alone? I'm starting to realize that maybe there are issues that my parents will disagree with me upon. However, does that automatically make them correct? Why is it that I simply forfeit all my arguments for their sake? I think that if God has been testing me in this way all along, then I've been failing God in this way, all along.
My parents should be with me, on my side, in times like these when my life presents problems to me. Perhaps God is testing them as well, seeing if they will be able to let me make a decision that will impact my life without their approval, let alone their advice.
Phone, parents:
Wait, a change of heart (theirs, not mine)? Perhaps...
finance: 752-2390
crd: 752-3558
why Why WHY do they play with me like this? I'm not even sure what they just said. Okay, so first things first: financial aid. If I major in CRD now, it'll take three more years of school at the very least (no India this summer, not for three more years). I'll have to take all summer sessions, and as many classes per quarter as I can handle. But, if I really am passionate about CRD, I might enjoy three years of learning about it. But my parents still have to get my brother through school as well. If I can manage to get enough (by enough, I mean any) financial aid, I can do this. Three years of back-breaking, midnight oil-burning, parents constantly disapproving studying.
I'm ready.
Job-wise: I'll be a CRD major competing with civil engineers and people with masters' degrees. That will be so hard to get through if my parents don't stop harping about economics.
Economics: The catch-all major. It would only take two years and I could get a job at a bank, an investing firm, anything I want--except a planning company.

Why couldn't I have figured this all out before college? My life would have been immensely easier to manage. Oh, right: I was 17.

1 comment:

Sang Nguyen said...

Psht, at 17 I already figured I'd become a globetrotting archaeologist adventurer with a malnourished Asian boy-kick.

2 years later, and that dream has all but shattered. Apparantly, having a malnourished Asian boy-kick is illegal, especially if you want an authentic one smuggled in from Thailand.